If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of this site, please contact the webmaster.
- Pages conform to the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, both priority One and Two checkpoints where possible on the site.
- All pages on this site have been designed to comply with section 508 guidelines.
- All pages use structured semantic markup.
- Where possible all pages validate as HTML transitional.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key. All pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 0 - Accessibility Page
- Access key 1 - Site Map
- At the top of the page (beneath the banner) is a breadcrumb trail showing you exactly where you are in the hierarchy of the site.
- At the very top of the page is a link to a site map, showing the sections and categories of the site.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target (such as the headline of an article).
- Whever possible, links are written to make sense out of context. Many browsers (such as JAWS, Home Page Reader, Lynx, and Opera) can extract the list of links on a page and allow the user to browse the list, separately from the page.
- Link text is never duplicated; two links with the same link text always point to the same address.
- There are no "
- There are no links that open new windows without warning.
- All content images include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Full descriptions for graphs, diagrams, and other complex images are provided through a link immediately following the image.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- All decorative design images are served via CSS, and the entire layout scales with font resizing.
- The content of each page is still readable if your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets.